Sunday 7 November 2010

The type of girl that I have known,
For almost half my life,
Is coy and kind, a puritan,
An angel-painted Lucifer,
Who helped me twist the knife.

It’s girls like these that take you far.
Doctrinal in extreme.
They’ll snatch a guttersnipe like me,
And with a focused energy,
Will scrub it till it’s clean.

These white, devoted, nunnish girls,
Who see the good in all,
Can find a tramp and scour his face,
But if like me, your beyond grace,
You are headed for a fall.

So heed my warning rascal boys!
All that glistens is not gold.
For when at last she’s polished through,
And sees there’s little more to you,
Than a scoundrel and a blaggard too,
You’ll cry soapy tears, alone and blue,
And almost twice as old.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best poems I have read, so sharp and to the point, yet with that steady rhythm. And the message it holds, well... it can probably said for more girls than would admit to it.

    ReplyDelete